Adrian’s main areas of practice are in commercial and criminal litigation.
Adrian heads the firm's Criminal Litigation and Advocacy Practice Group, where he acts in a wide range of matters, including capital offences, as well as property, immigration, violent and sex offences. Adrian is an active member of the Legal Assistance Scheme of Capital Offences (LASCO), an initiative by the Supreme Court to ensure that all accused persons facing capital charges are represented by counsel.
Adrian also frequently acts in matters involving commercial and securities offences, including investment fraud, insider trading, market manipulation, false accounting and corruption. Adrian’s criminal defence work also includes offences relating to bookmaking and the casinos in Singapore.
Apart from criminal defence and advocacy work, Adrian also advises corporations who have been the victims of fraud on internal and external audit, compliance, disclosure and employment issues arising as a result of Police investigations. In addition, Adrian helps develop internal investigation protocols for clients in order to streamline and facilitate their internal investigation processes.
Adrian's commercial litigation portfolio includes contract disputes, breach of director’s duties, tenancy, restraint of trade, defamation, debt recovery and medical negligence. In 2013, Adrian acted for a member of the Committee of the Singapore Polo Club who successfully set aside a decision of the Committee to suspend him for misconduct.
Adrian has also acted in a number of administrative law matters. In 2011, Adrian acted in a matter involving judicial review of a decision of the Singapore Medical Council. In 2014, Adrian acted for Faith Community Baptist Church in its application to quash a decision by the Acting Manpower Minister.
In addition to his litigation portfolio, Adrian also advises local and multinational corporations on a wide range of corporate and commercial issues. Adrian’s client base includes statutory boards, listed- companies, insurance companies and small and medium enterprises.
Adrian has also appeared in foreign law courts as an expert witness on Singapore Law.
Adrian is a regular speaker at legal seminars and conferences for both legal practitioners and laypersons. He is a current committee member and a founding member of the Association of Criminal Lawyers in Singapore (ACLS). Adrian is also a volunteer lawyer with the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS), a non- profit initiative by the Law Society of Singapore to provide assistance to the needy in criminal cases. Adrian is a contributing author of Singapore Civil Procedure 2007, published by Sweet and Maxwell Asia.
Adrian also sits as an independent director on the Board of a company listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
In addition to being an Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore, Adrian is also called to the bar as a Solicitor in England and Wales. Adrian is also a former wedding singer and musician who now spends his spare time on the golf course maintaining his single-digit handicap.
Tel: (65) 6298 8388
Fax: (65) 6338 2685
Email: [email protected]
"The moderately successful lawyer has many clients. The truly effective lawyer understands that his clients have but one lawyer."
~ Adrian Wee
- • Acted for a foreign accused person charged with trafficking more than 1.6kg of heroin.
- • Acted for a foreign accused person charged with murder.
- • Acted for proprietary traders accused of fraudulent trading via the manipulation of index- linked warrants on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- show more...
- • Lawrence Khong Kin Hoong v Singapore Polo Club  SGHC 82 (High Court)
- • Public Prosecutor v Muhammad Shafie bin Ahmad Abdullah and others  1 SLR 325 (High Court)
- • Public Prosecutor v Kwong Kok Hing  2 SLR 684 (High court)
- show more...
- • Member, Law Society of Singapore
- • Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- • Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS), volunteer lawyer
- • “Courtroom Testimony and Preparation Techniques Asia Masterclass” (2014)
- • “Essential Contract Law for Non Professionals Masterclass” (2011)
- • “Employment Law and HR Masterclass” (2011)
- show more...
- • 2008 -Solicitor, England and Wales (Non-practicing)
- • 2004 - Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- • 2003 - LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore