Bernard is a highly experienced, professional, reliable, and cost efficient lawyer, who communicates well at all levels and has excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Skills and Achievements:
Planned, structured, managed, advised on,
prepared the documentation, and implemented several complicated transactions with tight deadlines
Negotiated and finalized complicated
contracts for several complicated transactions.
- • Appeared before various High Court judges several times and successfully obtained leave to convene creditors' meetings, and approval of debt restructuring schemes successfully
Liaised with, and made oral and written
representations to, the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited ("SGX") and Securities Industry Council to obtain approvals. The applications were approved and clearances for the transactions and companies' circulars were obtained successfully
Analysing and Problem Solving
Advised on and provided transaction
structures for complicated transactions to achieve client objectives
- • Advised on complicated legislation such as securities laws, listing rules, companies legislation, take-over codes, and tax statutes
Tel: (65) 6338 1938
Fax: (65) 6222 5561
Email: [email protected]
"To every problem, there is a solution. The good lawyer seeks to find this solution by listening to the persons involved, understanding their concerns, needs, desires, being aware of the context of the problem, and forming a solution that leaves everyone satisfied."
~ Bernard Tan
- • Merger and acquisition involving the purchase of assets of a petroleum giant amounting to S$40 million (for a reputable offshore American law firm’s Sydney and Paris offices)
- • Several cross-border mergers and acquisitions, which had values of up to S$100 million (for a reputable offshore American law firm)
- • Sale of the business of a local merchant bank to the investment arm of a European country (for a local merchant bank)
- show more...
- • Member, Law Society of Singapore
- • Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- • Member, Inquiry Panel, Law Society of Singapore
- • 2011 - First Legal Staff Specialist Officer Course -Singapore Armed Forces
- • 2001 - Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore.
- • 2000 - LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
"Characterist is different from other law firms in being friendly and reliable. They make the difference."
"Bernard is reliable, professional, and cost-efficient."
"Bernard has consistently provided astute legal advice to us in relation to local regulation. Bernard is friendly and experienced. He is responsive and always provides immediate legal advice when needed."
"Bernard - It's really a wonderful experience working with you and I thank you so much for the invaluable time and advice that you have shared with us."
"Bernard - We are very satisfied with your humility, patience and professionalism."