Johnston’s primary areas of practice are in the areas of Insurance and Personal Injury, Family and Matrimonial Law and Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Johnston has advised on and acted for clients in a wide range of civil matters including property damage and personal injury claims arising from industrial and motor vehicle accidents, motor insurance fraud, estate disputes, contractual disputes, landlord-tenancy disputes, defamation, etc. He has also been involved in civil litigation trials at various levels of the Singapore Courts and has also successfully conducted his own trials, assessment of damages hearings and contested interlocutory applications. He has also advised and acted for clients on matrimonial law (including divorce, applications to vary Ancillary Orders, cross-border child abduction issues), as well as criminal law.
Outside of work, Johnston is an avid sportsman who enjoys almost any type of sport. His favourites are soccer, floorball and cricket. He is also passionate about working with youths and mentors a group of youths in his church.
Tel: (65) 6222 5562
Fax: (65) 6222 5561
Email: [email protected]
“Equipped with a special set of skills, a lawyer is placed in a unique position to make a difference in the lives of others. A good lawyer is able to stay true to this calling notwithstanding the challenging demands of the profession.”
~ Johnston Lee
- • Advised and acted for insurers and individuals in a wide range of insurance claims but not limited to property damage and personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, industrial accidents, fires, fallen trees, as well as matters involving motor insurance fraud and disputes on insurance contracts
- • Advised and acted for various individuals on matrimonial law including divorce, applications to vary Ancillary Orders, and cross-border child abduction issues
- • Advising and acting for a multi-national company in a US$26 million claim in relation to a shipbuilding contract dispute involving Singapore International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC") proceedings
- show more...
- • Successfully represented an individual who was discharged amounting to an acquittal after being charged for engaging in a conspiracy to deal in custom unpaid cigarettes despite being a confidential informant
- • Advised and acted for insurers in defending a half-a-million-dollar personal injury claim, assisted Lead Counsel as Second Chair in the High Court Assessment of Damages hearing
- • Assisted in successfully representing a company in a building defects claim against contractor
- • Assisted in advising and acting for a quadriplegic victim in a seven figure personal injury claim
- • Assisted in successfully representing a client in a High Court professional negligence suit against a solicitor that established novel points of law on a solicitor's duty to his client
- • Drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Powers of Attorney for clients and advising them as to the same
- show less...
- • Member, Law Society of Singapore
- • Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- • In-house seminars to insurance executives and financial planners from various
companies on estate planning, "common myths about law" etc.
- • Presentation / seminar on estate planning for senior citizens at Touch Senior Activities Centre
- • 2012 – LLB (Hons), University of Nottingham
- • 2014 – Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore