Jonathan joined Characterist LLC at the beginning of 2016 as a Practice Trainee and has been practising with Characterist LLC since being called to the bar in the same year. His primary areas of practice are in the areas of Insurance and Personal Injury, Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Criminal Litigation and Advocacy.
During Jonathan’s time in the National University of Singapore, he was awarded the Best Memorial Prize in the 2012 Mallal Moots and was named in the Overall Dean’s List for the Class of 2015.
Jonathan has advised and acted for clients in a wide variety of civil matters, including personal injury and property damage involving motor and industrial accidents, contractual disputes, tenancy disputes, breach of directors’ duties, employment law etc. He also enjoys doing criminal litigation work, and has advised and acted for clients facing various criminal charges. Jonathan has assisted in High Court hearings and Singapore Mediation Centre mediations, and has successfully argued several contested interlocutory hearings on his own.
Jonathan has at times also had the opportunity to deal with clients in relation to their corporate and commercial concerns, including reviewing various agreements and preparing board and shareholders’ resolutions.
Outside of practice, Jonathan can often be found spending time with family and friends, and mentoring youths in church with a passion to see the next generation surpass his own. He also enjoys playing (and watching) a range of sports, including soccer and squash.
Tel: (65) 6222 5562
Fax: (65) 6222 5561
Email: [email protected]
“A good lawyer is able not just to deal with the legal issues in a matter, but is able to leave a lasting positive impact on the lives involved”
~ Jonathan Low
- • Advising and acting for insurers and individuals in a wide range of insurance claims including but not limited to property damage and personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, industrial accidents, fires, fallen trees, as well as matters involving motor insurance fraud and disputes on insurance contracts
- • Advising and acting for various landlords and tenants in contractual and other disputes
- • Advising and acting for various stakeholders in disputes between contractor and client or main-contractor and sub-contractor
- show more...
- • Advising and acting for various creditors and judgment creditors in the recovery of debts
- • Advising and acting for various clients in respect of criminal charges including driving-related offences, cheating offences and offences against the person
- • Advising and acting for a music producer in relation to a dispute concerning a music production agreement
- • Advising and acting for a company in defending and resisting allegations of trademark infringement
- • Assisted in advising and acting for insurers in defending a half-a-million-dollar personal injury claim, leading up to a High Court Assessment of Damages hearing
- • Assisted in a District Court Appeal involving a commissions sharing arrangement between financial advisors
- • Assisted in advising and acting for a church and its subsidiaries in entering into a settlement agreement for the sale of its property
- • Assisted in advising and acting for a company against its former director for alleged breaches of fiduciary duties
- • Assisted in advising a church in relation to regulatory issues concerning changing the name of its building
- • Drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Powers of Attorney for clients and advising them as to the same
- show less...
- • Member, Law Society of Singapore
- • Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- • Volunteer lawyer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS)
- • 2016 - Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- • 2015 - LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
"My experience with Characterist for my personal injury claim has been really satisfying ... Right from my first consultation, Daniel was able to capture all necessary details and gave a very comprehensive understanding ... One thing that I believe that is the most important thing about working with a law firm is being a trusted advisor, and Daniel has done that really well by showing full responsibility through actions and follow up ... He was able to close the case with a very successful settlement beyond my expectations. I am very thankful for Daniel and Jonathan for working hard on this case and facilitating a successful outcome, and I would like to recommend Characterist to anyone who needs to go through personal injury claims."