Hanyi’s primary areas of practice are in (a) litigation and dispute resolution and (b) corporate and commercial law. He is particularly interested in construction and commercial disputes.
Hanyi believes in providing integral legal solutions that are pragmatic, cost-effective and account for the commercial and business context.
Hanyi’s experience bears that out. He has been involved in construction and cross-border disputes in litigation, arbitration and mediation in Singapore, India, Brunei and even Mexico. Some of these disputes comprise claims of up to USD 65 million. He spent a valuable year working in-house at a large international oil and gas firm where he obtained a strong grounding and appreciation of the complex legal, technical and commercial realities of cross-border construction and commercial disputes.
Tel: (65) 6298 8388
Fax: (65) 6338 2685
Email: [email protected]
“it is not from the benevolence of the businessman, the breadwinner or the boss that we expect to have work – but from their regard to our ability to solve problems while having one foot in the Courts and the other foot in the Business Park or the Construction Yard.”
~ Zeng Hanyi
- • Litigation and Arbitration experience
- Assisted in multiple Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act’s adjudication and payment claim disputes, for contractors and home owners.
- Supported in an offshore construction related claim of around USD 20 million against an Asian multi-national oil and gas company. Indian law governed in an ad hoc arbitration in India.
- Supported in an offshore construction related claim of around USD 8 million against an Asian offshore services company. Singapore law governed in an SIAC arbitration in Singapore.
- show more...
- • Mediation and negotiation experience
- Assisted in an offshore construction related claim of around USD 65 million against an European multi-national oil and gas company. English law governed in negotiations in Brunei.
- Supported in an offshore construction related claim of around USD 14 million against a Houston based offshore services company operating in Mexico. Mexican law governed in negotiations in Houston.
- show less...
- • Supported in a charterparty related claim of around USD 4.5 million against an Asian offshore services company. Singapore law governed in an SCMA arbitration in Singapore.
- • Supported in resisting urgent application for multiple injunctions on the calling on multi-million-dollar performance bonds by an Asian multi-national oil and gas company. Indian law governed in the courts of India.
- • Assisted in the negotiations and drafting of various consortium agreements and settlement agreements regarding cross-border matters, between a Singapore company and foreign companies from Indonesia, Malaysia and Belgium.
- • Member, Law Society of Singapore
- • 2015 – Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- • 2014 – LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore