Memberships / Associations / Volunteer Work
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Volunteer lawyer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS)
Education / Qualifications
- 2016 - Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- 2015 - LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
Rachel graduated with an LLB (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore in 2015. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 2016 and joined Characterist LLC thereafter.
Rachel’s primary areas of practice are in Civil and Commercial Litigation, and Criminal Litigation. She has represented individuals, statutory boards, and companies.
She regularly advises clients in a wide variety of civil and commercial matters, including landlord-tenancy disputes, employer-employee disputes, debt recovery and insolvency, and other general contractual disputes.
She has also been involved in criminal litigation of a diverse nature, including financial offences, public order offences, and sexual offences.
Before joining Characterist LLC, Rachel underwent training in the areas of personal injury litigation, matrimonial litigation and other general litigation work.
Outside of practice, Rachel enjoys spending time with her dog, discovering new places, and having conversations over tea.
Significant Matters & Transactions
- Advising and acting for a statutory board and various companies in their respective landlord-tenancy disputes with their tenants
- Assisting in an arbitration dispute between the charterer and hirer of a ship
- Defending a construction company in respect of claims by a main-contractor under various construction projects
- Acting for various judgment creditors in the recovery of judgment debts
- Acting for both individual and corporate creditors in bankruptcy applications and winding up applications
- Advising a client in respect of allegedly defamatory comments posted by the client on social media
- Defending an employer in respect of a claim for unpaid salary and other expenses by an ex-employee
- Advising and acting for an employee in respect of a dispute with an ex-employer
- Advising and acting for clients facing harassment
- Assisting in a Magistrate’s Appeal by a client seeking a reduction of sentence for a corruption offence
- Defending a client who faced charges for sexual offences against minors
- Defending a client in respect of criminal charges faced by the client for comments posted on social media
Thanks for the strong service attitude, detailed legal advice and great efforts that your company has provided for the past few months. Last but not least, we wish to express our heartfelt thanks to Adrian and you and not forgetting your company staff.
Client who faced two criminal charges, both of which were withdrawn
- Landlord Woes – What to do when a tenant does not pay rent
- Characterist in the news: Sentencing verdict of Chew Eng Han (29 January 2019)
- Characterist in the news: Trial verdict of Chew Eng Han (12 Dec 2018)
- Bad judgment or bad faith? A cautionary tale for Nominees
- Characterist in the news: Trial of Chew Eng Han (24 Sep 2018)