Memberships / Associations / Volunteer Work
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Volunteer lawyer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS)
Education / Qualifications
- 2016 - Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- 2015 - LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
Rachel graduated with an LLB (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore in 2015. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 2016.
Rachel’s primary areas of practice are in Criminal Litigation and Civil and Commercial Litigation. She also assists clients in general corporate drafting and advisory matters, as well as private client matters.
Throughout her formative years in practice, Rachel had the privilege of directly assisting and working closely with lead counsel, and has had the opportunity to act as lead counsel in numerous civil and commercial applications and in criminal trials. She has represented individuals, statutory boards, and companies.
Rachel regularly advises clients in a wide range of civil and commercial matters, including landlord-tenancy disputes, employment disputes, personal insolvency, and general contractual disputes.
She has also represented clients in criminal matters of a diverse nature, including cheating and other financial offences, public order offences such as rioting, and sexual offences.
Outside of practice, Rachel enjoys spending time with her dog and going on hikes. In this time of ever-changing travel paradigms, she has redirected her love for discovering new places to the exploration of local neighbourhoods.
Significant Matters & Transactions
Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Acted for various landlords and tenants, ranging from individuals to a statutory board, in landlord-tenancy disputes.
- Acted for individual and corporate creditors in insolvency matters, involving both bankruptcy and voluntary arrangements. Acted for debtors in insolvency matters, including proposals for voluntary arrangements.
- Acted in defamation matters involving comments posted on social media.
- Acted for both employers and employees in claims relating to unpaid salary, restraint of trade, and breach of confidentiality. Successfully defended an employee from claims by her employer relating to restraint of trade and breach of confidentiality.
- Acted in protection from harassment matters.
- Acted for clients in matters involving cheating, including credit card fraud.
- Acted and successfully obtained an acquittal for a client facing charges for sexual offences against minors.
- Acted for a client in criminal charges faced by the client for comments posted on social media.
- Acted for various young clients in matters involving rioting, unlawful assembly, and associated charges.
General Drafting and Advisory
- Drafted shareholders’ agreements, share transfer agreements, company management agreements, and other contracts relating to company operations.
- Drafted and/or advised clients on improvements to tenancy agreements.
- Drafted contracts relating to supply of goods.
Thanks for the strong service attitude, detailed legal advice and great efforts that your company has provided for the past few months. Last but not least, we wish to express our heartfelt thanks to Adrian and you and not forgetting your company staff.
Client who faced two criminal charges, both of which were withdrawn
- Characterist in the news: Couple jailed for sending domestic helper home when faced with police investigations (17 December 2021)
- Characterist in the news: SAF training accident – CMP v 3SG (NS) Hubert Wah (19 November 2019)
- Landlord Woes – What to do when a tenant does not pay rent
- Characterist in the news: Sentencing verdict of Chew Eng Han (29 January 2019)
- Characterist in the news: Trial verdict of Chew Eng Han (12 Dec 2018)
- Bad judgment or bad faith? A cautionary tale for Nominees
- Characterist in the news: Trial of Chew Eng Han (24 Sep 2018)