Memberships / Associations / Volunteer Work
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Education / Qualifications
- 2019 – LL.M. in International Law and Human Rights, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- 2013 – LL.B. (Hons.), National University of Singapore
Darius’s primary areas of practice are in the areas of Litigation & Dispute Resolution, and Corporate & Commercial Law. He has also been involved in cases involving Insurance & Personal Injury, and Construction Litigation & Arbitration.
Darius has advised and acted in a wide range of cases in civil and commercial litigation, including contractual, company shareholder, and construction disputes and disputes under the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act. He has conducted his own trials and assessment of damages hearings, in addition to contested interlocutory applications and originating summonses.
He has acted in judicial review cases, and advised clients on the Personal Data Protection Act.
Significant Matters and Transactions
- Acted as Lead Counsel in a 3-day trial on behalf of a company and its directors against a former employee in the District Court
- Acted as Lead Counsel in a 2-day assessment of damages hearing in relation to a construction dispute in the District Court
- Acted as second chair in a trial concerning a dispute between a management corporation and subsidiary proprietors over common property and non-payment of arrears
- Advised and acted in a dispute among the shareholder-directors of a company involving claims of minority oppression, which was successfully settled
- Assisted in PT Selecta Bestama v Sin Huat Huat Marine Transportation Pte Ltd  1 SLR 729 (High Court), a case involving various issues including the setting aside of a default judgment, stay in favour of arbitration in a foreign jurisdiction and a tiered dispute resolution clause
- Assisted in various cases under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act, including ATM Pte Ltd v ATN Pte Ltd  SCAdjR 563 and AVY Pte Ltd v AVZ Pte Ltd  SCAdjR 849
Articles and Books
- “Here There Be Dragons! Buddhist Constitutionalism in the Hidden Land of Bhutan”, Australian Journal of Asian Law, 2014, Vol 15 No 1, Article 2: 1-19
- Representations to the Singapore Parliament’s Select Committee on “Deliberate Online Falsehoods – Causes, Consequences and Countermeasures” in February 2018
- “The 2014 Gaza Conflict and the Prohibition Against Spreading Terror Among the Civilian Population” (2019) 17(2) New Zealand Journal of Public and International Law 179
- “Singapore’s Legislative Response to the COVID-19 ‘Emergency’”, a paper for the ‘Law on the State of Emergency’ Online Conference on 16 and 17 June 2020, jointly organised by Vietnam National University and the University of Melbourne
- “Borders and Entry Controls in Asia”, co-authored with Dr Jaclyn Neo, in Victor V. Ramraj, ed., Covid-19 in Asia: Law and Policy Contexts (New York: Oxford University Press, 2020)
- “COVID-19 in Singapore: ‘Responsive Communitarianism’ and the Legislative Approach to the “Most Serious Crisis” Since Independence”  Singapore Journal of Legal Studies 630
- “Conversion Therapy Bans: Enshrining a Contested View of Human Nature in Law” (2021) 33 Singapore Academy of Law Journal 1
- Contributions to three chapters in the Encyclopedia of Public International Law in Asia (3 Vols.), Seokwoo Lee ed. (Brill, 2021)
My company had sought the help of lawyer Darius Lee to represent us in a dispute. I would like to credit him because he is very detailed and able to give good advice. He also helped my neighbour that was facing the same issue, who completely did not know about Singapore law, and was able to ease their fear. He is very good and helpful.
Lim Gek Lan